Rise of the Dragon
- Taichi was born a peasant, but when a Crab came recruiting, he jumped at the chance to become a soldier
- He was very successful as a soldier, so much so that he was given an opportunity to marry into one of the Hida vassal families
- When Goru was young, his family wanted someone to protect him. Taichi had enough Glory to be an appropriate guard, but was old enough to be semi-retired
- He felt sorry for the small boy who wanted to be a great warrior so he taught him how to fight
- Taichi is now retired but has no diplomatic skills (even by Crab standards).
- He’s officially be assigned to the Dragon embassy, but has no official duties