Rise of the Dragon
Kaiu engineer of the Kuni family - a much younger son with a shugenja twin sister.
|Insight: 222 (Rank 4)||Honor: 4.5||Glory: 9.4||Status: 4.0|
XP 0 / 148
Health: 15 – 0 / 24 – 3 / 33 – 5 / 42 – 10 / 51 – 15 / 60 – 20 / 69 – 40 + Void / 78 – Out
|Earth: 3||Stamina 3||Willpower 3|
|Water: 2||Strength 2||Perception 2|
|Fire: 3||Agility 3||Intelligence 4|
|Air: 2||Reflexes 2||Awareness 2|
Kuni Family: +1 Intelligence
Kaiu Engineer school: +1 Intelligence
- 2 Battle
- 3 Craft: Armorsmithing
- 5 Craft: Weaponsmithing
- 1 Defense
- 3 Engineering: Construction
- 2 Lore: Architecture
- 3 War Fans
- 1 Calligraphy
- 3 Courtier
- 5 Etiquette
- 1 Games: Kemari
- 1 Investigation
- 2 Lore: Heraldry
- 1 Lore: Nature
- 1 Lore: Blacksmithing
- 1 Lore: Bushido
- 1 Lore: Dragon Clan
- 1 Lore: Tribes
- 1 Lore: Law
- 1 Medicine
- 1 Perform: Puppeteer
- 1 Sincerity
- 1 Athletics
- 1 Hunting
- 3 Heavy Weapons
- 3 Kenjutsu
- 2 Commerce
- 1 Craft: Brewing
- 1 Craft: Bowyer
- 1 Craft: Toys
- 1 Stealth
- Kaiu Method (+1k0 when making any School Skill Roll, with void point spent +2k2 – but not cumulative)
- Path of Stone (TN 25 Engineering Skill Roll to add Wounds equal to School Rank x 100. When commanding a siege engine, re-roll once any damage dice below School Rank)
- Path of the Shell (Craft: armor – double crafting time and cost to add School Rank to armor’s Reduction value. Also may add half School Rank (round up) to Armor TN bonus)
- Path of War (Mass battle – modify result by an additional amount equal to half School Rank – modified to 2k0 for battle actions. Fighting with a katana, dai tsuchi, or war fan – melee attacks are Simple Action.)
- [Path of Steel (Craft: weapon – either a +1k0 to all attack rolls with that weapon, or +0k1 bonus to all damage rolls. If is a katana, may expend all Void Points (minimum of 1 pt) to make the blade unbreakable; cannot recover Void Points for 1 week.)]
- Heavy Armor (reduction 5)
- Sturdy clothing
- Daisho (3k2) (2k2)
- War Fan (0k1)
- Traveling Pack [Blacksmith’s hammer, Flint and tinder, Warpaint kit, Parchment and charcoal (10), Whetstone, Week’s rations, Grapple hook, Coin purse, Blanket, Small knife (non-combat)]
- Extravagant clothing
Money: 44 koku
- Absolute Direction (1)
- Allies (1) – Mirumoto Yukari (Influence 1, Devotion 1)
- Blissful Betrothal (3) – Mirumoto Ayaka
- Crab Hands (2)
- Great potential – Craft: weaponsmith (2)
- Great potential – Engineering: construction (2)
- Kharmic Tie (3=5ranks) – Mirumoto Ayaka
- Precise Memory (3)
- Prodigy (9)
- Social Position (4=6)
- Doubt – Engineering (-4)
Rokurou is the sixth son, standing out because he lacks any talent in the magical arts.
- Father – Kuni Susumu
- Mother – Kaiu Yumiko
- Five older brothers
- Maternal grandfather and sensei – Kaiu Taijo
- Village of Ohira – Manrikikusari (used for battle against the cursed Isawa shugenja)
- Village of Ohira – rebuilt temple
- Travelling – snow fort (shelter during storm)
- Agasha territory – Ashigaru armor (sold for 2 koku profit)
- Winter court – siege engine (battering ram, with Steel Hammers)
- War fan (fancy) – gift commissioned by Agasha Heisuke
Q1. When did your character entourage notice is potential?
Rokurou was sent by his mother to her father, a Kaiu engineer, as an apprentice. He showed some skill, but he has had doubt in his abilities instilled by the criticisms of his sensei.
Q2. Your character have been out in the world for a while, what did he do during that time?
He was sent to the Dragon clan by his daimyo to repay a debt to Mirumoto Yukari. Prior to this, he trained in the workshops of the Kaiu engineers, learning the trade, and making toys in his spare time.
Q3. What is your character views on honor and glory? Does he pursue those ideals?
Glory is not something to be actively pursued, but just seems to happen. Honor is the more important, with a focus on duty – to his daimyo, to his family, to his school.
Q4. Is your character married?
No, which has been an issue for him. He would like to, but being a much younger son, there has been little focus by his family on finding him a bride.
Q5. Is your character religious?
Not particularly, more practical after spending his early years on the edges of the Shadowlands.
Q6. Where is your character see himself in 10 years? If dead, how did your character expect to die?
His goal will be to build something that will outlast his life and memory, so likely will be working on a large scale project.
Q7. Where is the player see the character in 10 years? If dead, how do you expect your character will have died?
I see him as continually moving on to bigger and more lasting projects, always doubting his ability and skills as not being quite good enough. This would likely happen right up until the end of his life, which would probably be on the job – likely during a siege.